4.11.08

chicken marsala

I am pretty busy during the week and doing really good to come home and cook a meal. I usually try to keep things simple using few ingredients, but incorporating robust flavors! Chicken Marsala is always an easy weeknight meal taking no more than 30 minutes to prepare.

It's always good with pasta, but after a weekend of eating, I felt like I could spare the pasta for spinach. It was nutrish and delish!! Next time I make it, I will use angel hair pasta - one of my fave pastas.Ta Da! Not my prettiest plate, but I save that for the weekends! Next time, I will make sure I pound the chicken thinner.Chicken Marsala BHG -Ingredients:

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced green onion (2)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry Marsala or dry sherry
Hot cooked pasta, such as capellini/angel hair (optional)

Directions
1. In a shallow bowl stir together flour, marjoram, salt, and pepper. Place a chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to about 1/4 inch thick . Remove plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves. Lightly coat chicken on both sides with flour mixture; shake off excess.
2. In a large skillet cook mushrooms and green onion in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat until tender; remove from skillet. In the same skillet cook chicken in remaining 2 tablespoons butter for 5 to 6 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
3. Remove skillet from heat. Return mushrooms and green onion to skillet. Carefully add broth and Marsala to skillet. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Season sauce to taste with additional salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Spoon mushroom mixture over chicken. If desired, serve over pasta.
4. Makes 4 servings

1 comment:

Michael said...

that looks delicious!